Having started out life as a teacher I am ending up as a learner! I learn so much about people, life and death when I help to support, guide and lead others through their major life changing experiences.
I am a qualified Civil Funeral Celebrant having trained and qualified with Civil Ceremonies and hold the NOCN Level 3 Diploma in Funeral Celebrancy (QCF). I am also a qualified Marriage and Family Celebrant having trained with the Fellowship of Professional Celebrants. In addition, I am a member of the Institute of Civil Funerals and the Fellowship of Professional Celebrants. I am also a qualified Grief Recovery Specialist from the Grief Recovery Institute.
I am also a member of Swindon Speakers where I engage in public speaking and a member of The Natural Death Centre.
These days, people are wanting to have more choice and involvement in the type of ceremony that they have so that it reflects those involved. The choice of words, music, readings and who contributes is all yours. I will provide options, advice and a structure and put it all together and lead it for you on the day.
I am a mirror to reflect your wishes and consider it an honour and privilege to help people on both sad and happy occasions.
I love to make that special day be all that you wish or need it to be. I conduct: –
- same-sex marriages,
- vow renewals,
- commitment ceremonies,
- ashes scattering and interments,
- baby naming ceremonies,
- divorce ceremonies and any others that you wish to have including pet farewells and memorials.
All the ceremonies that I write and conduct are based on the wishes and beliefs of the loved one who has died, the families that are left behind or for weddings, vow renewals and divorce ceremonies, the wishes and beliefs of the couple or individuals. Each ceremony will be written especially for you and will be unique and personal.
How Do I Work With You?
- I will meet with you for an initial FREE consultation to get an idea of what kind of ceremony you are looking to create.
- I will then arrange to visit you for a couple of hours to get to know you, what style of ceremony you would like and a little more information about your wishes. I am very aware that this is YOUR day and am happy to incorporate your ideas to reflect individual personalities.
- I can then begin the process of writing and preparing your script. You will be able to be a part of this process as much or as little as you like. You will be able to see and approve all scripts before the ceremony is delivered.
- I have extensive access to music and poetry resources for all ceremonies.
- I will be available by phone, email or Skype as many times as you like to ensure that you get the ceremony that you wish for and always know how things are progressing.
- A few days before a wedding I will hold a rehearsal with you and then conduct the Wedding Ceremony itself.
I work within a 30-mile radius of Swindon in Wiltshire and nationwide. For travel outside the Swindon area I may charge travel expenses and accommodation where appropriate.
All my prices are ‘from’ so as to reflect the individual nature and complexity of each ceremony and any extra costs for travel and accommodation, where appropriate.
I offer an initial FREE consultation and once engaged I ask for a 50% deposit with the balance payable 3 weeks before the ceremony.
After receipt of payment in full, you will be able to approve the full ceremony script.
In the lead-up to the ceremony you will have unlimited access to me via email, phone or Skype so that you need never worry about how things are going.
I am available for talks to groups such as Rotary, W.I and other community and charity groups. Generally, I speak about what a Civil Celebrant is and why use one?
I also offer a script service if you are looking for a simple and cost effective way to hold a ceremony yourself.
For an initial FREE consultation please contact me.